Sunday, October 6, 2013

More fun with Minecraft!

Haven't spent much time with video games recently, but I was asked to revisit my minecraft world and share some of my projects.

Welcome to Afterland!
Lets start with Home Base.
Here is the main houses entryway. 

And here is some of my interior design work.
Sheep's wool carpeting and hard wood floors. Netherrack fireplace.
 Indoor pool lit from bottom.
 Breakfast nook and bar area.

Next up is the residential tower, you can count em but I think its 11 stories high

Lobby
 Sample apartment

 Castle Minecraftenstein from a distance
 Castle Minecraftenstein close up
 Castle interior



 Sheep farm
Close up of dyed sheep
 Pumpkin and watermelon patches

and last but not least, one of several minecart stations that line a huge chunk of the map.

  I only play in survival mode and usually set it to peaceful when I'm building. Most of my game time is spent terraforming and mining blocks. It's kind of Zen.
  Farms are tricky to get set up but once you get them going you'll have a hard time harvesting everything. I actually let most of my dyed sheep out of the pens so now colorful sheep roam the country side around village.
  I had a good time setting up and building Afterland but the original file is really old and with all my exploring the world is huge! I might start a new world soon and use some of my better ideas there.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment