Saturday, February 23, 2013

Minecraft is fun

 I sometimes go on week long Minecraft binges. These usually involve digging huge underground mines looking for valuable blocks, spelunking down seemingly endless caverns, or exploring the only abandoned mine I've been lucky enough to find.

 I'm slowly building a small resort town. Why a resort town? You hate resort towns! yeah I know I didn't plan it this way it just happened. I'm just calling it like I see it.

 The first main building is the Snow Lodge. This was the first interesting spot I found right after spawning. I found a good coal deposit here so it became home base. I wanted to build a really big structure and didn't feel like mining the blocks so I just carved this out of the side of the mountain.
 This grassy area is the top of the mountain. On top of the Lodge is another small grassy area and some flowers and trees.
 At the base of the Lodge is a small row of shop fronts. Most of which are just false fronts to all my storage bins.


On the next mountain peak over I started another big project a kind of sky scrapper building.
Sometimes the clouds obscure most of it. 
It's still a work in progress it needs glass and maybe a waterfall.

 On the far side of the mountain is a different biome where I am working on a seaside village. Just a collection of small buildings. The big one to the right is supposed to be a concert hall.
A view of the village from the top of the sky scrapper
And a shot of the sky scrapper from the village.

No comments:

Post a Comment