Monday, March 11, 2013

Monster Mania 24 Cherry Hill


 Sunday we went to Monster Mania 24 in Cherry Hill. I had a really good time and spent way to much money!!! I don't have any convention pics (I feel a little awkward taking pictures in public) but I'm sure there are plenty out there, or check here for a cool post about the convention from Dinosaur Dracula who was there Saturday.

  This was my first Monster Mania Con but it wont be my last. There where a lot of great vendors and artists on hand in the dealer rooms. I don't know if going on Sunday the last day of the con was a bonus but I got some good deals!

 I got a few random items like these fright flicks cards! and one random pack of Ghostbusters II cards. I really don't have the nerve to try the gum inside these. 


 This Kubrick Clown figure. I still love me some cool Spawn figures, so I added this one to the collection.


 This awesome test pull foam/latex? trick r treat head from  alter-ego-dezines. He had a bin of these and they where all awesome! None of them as fantastic as the real finished pieces he had on display but at least I could afford one of these.




 We met Lloyd Kaufman of Troma! He signed an 8x10 for me! He also introduced us to the cast of the New Return to Nukem High! This was really the highlight of the show for me and I almost didn't bother something told me to go back. I shook his hand and he was the greatest guy!


 There where bunch of great artists selling their work and prints. Kevin Spencer's art really caught my eye. His table had the coolest Crite illustration! I'm a huge sucker for small monster flicks and Critters is one of the best. I scored this awesome Crite original!
and a cool ass print of Frankensteins Monster and Bride.



 Towards the end of the day we decided to go and get our selves drawn as zombies at the Living Corpse table. Living Corpse looks like a cool comic I wish I picked up a copy while I was there but funds where running low, I even had to bargain for the price of the zombie portrait but Ken was a champ and happy to take my last $28!




And here's the awesome end result!



 The convention was a little smaller then I had thought it would be and that kind of worked both for and against it. It was small and there was a good turn out so the place was packed and it got kinda crowded and claustrophobic in the main dealer room and hall few times. The bonus was that you could walk around the whole place a few times and go back and see things you missed in the crowds.

It's kind of close to home so that's awesome! I will definitely be going back. Monster Mania 25 is in Cherry Hill again August 16th-18th, then in Hunt Valley, Maryland September 27th-29th.


No comments:

Post a Comment