Friday, January 25, 2013

Monster Marbles


   Monster Marbles from WowWee.
   I just recently ran into these awesome little guys in a 2 pack blind bag at Walgreen's and have since found them at Walmart in a 3 pack blind bag that was boarded in a blister pack.

   There are a few marbles style games that you can play with these guys, but really I'm just in it for the cool monster factor on display here.
   Looks like there are 40 different Monster Marbles to collect for series 1.1. All random blind bagged figures. I'm not sure about the ratio as the 2 packs I opened where both different but the 3 packs I opened where both exactly the same.

   The design on these guys is pretty cool. Some figures stand out more than others but no real duds in the batch. The paint detail is ok with some figures heavily painted and others just eyes or teeth with the exception of the metallic silver and gold figures that are solid.With these being a game where they are intended to be slammed into each other like real marbles they are rather solidly constructed.

   I snagged the last 2 I saw at Walgreen's and have since stopped at a few different locations and none of them seem to carry them. The Walmart I found them in had them marked $5.97 but they rang up for $2.50. Maybe Monster Marbles series 1.1 is over already, so with Ebay auctions listing them at significantly higher prices if your interested at all maybe now is the time to seek them out.
See you in the toy isle...

EDIT 
Seems as usual I am behind the curve here. I did a quick search and am finding some older reviews, while a lot of people seem to like them the main complaint has been the randomization of the blind bags. Seems the figures are packed in the same general assortments leading to a lot of sets of doubles. 


  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment